If you’re absolutely obsessed with TikTok (as I am), you’ve probably seen everybody talking about the “clean girl” makeup look. I’ve been in love with this makeup trend as it highlights radiant, glowing skin and emphasizes enhancing your natural features. If you’re wondering how to achieve this simple yet sophisticated look, keep reading!
This look is all about achieving a dewy, natural base with a skin-like finish. It’s the key to having the whole look tied together.
1. To prep your skin, I recommend using your favorite moisturizer and priming. This part is totally up to you and what works for your skin! Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Filter – First things first, I always go in with the CT flawless filter. This product is super versatile, but my favorite way to apply it is before any foundation/tinted moisturizer. It gives you that “lit from within” glow and gives you a natural glow. This product doesn’t really add any coverage, it’s more so just to give you that radiance.
2. Fenty Beauty Eaze Drop Blurring Skin Tint – This product is a recent find for me, but it’s so worth the (almost) 5 star rating. This skin tint feels as hydrating as a moisturizer, but is so weightless and provides the perfect, buildable light to medium coverage. My favorite way to apply this is warm it up on my fingers, and then apply directly to my skin. It provides a filter-like look without feeling heavy or looking cakey. Since this look is all about building coverage gradually, don’t worry if your imperfections aren’t covered off the bat. You can always go back in and add a little more product to problem areas as well as go in with concealer later on.
If you’re looking for more coverage with the same skin-like finish, I recommend the Nars Light Reflecting Foundation or the Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin. (I have a whole post on the CT Foundation, here.)
3. NYX Bare With Me Concealer – After I have my base on, I love going in with this concealer over any spots where I need more coverage. I also use this under the eyes to brighten.
4. Rare Beauty Warm Wishes Bronzer – Before I set, I finish using all my cream products. I’ll add this bronzer to the perimeter of my face (forehead, slightly below my cheekbones, nose, jaw,) to give me a sun-kissed look. I love how easily this bronzer applies and blends out! It’s a great product especially if you’re just starting out.
5. Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Liquid Blush – Most importantly, I love adding blush for that healthy skin glow. My favorite shades are Happy and Encourage. This product is super pigmented, so you only need a tiny amount and it’ll go a very long way.
6. Fenty Beauty Killawatt Highlight – After laying down all my cream products, I’ll add the Fenty highlight as a blush topper, just over the high points of my cheeks. This gives the appearance of glowing and healthy skin.
7. Maybelline Fit Me Loose Powder – Lastly for the complexion, I’ll lightly set my under eyes and areas where I get oily. I try to avoid my cheeks and the outer perimeter of my face, because setting it will get rid of the glow we worked so hard to achieve! This powder is also not translucent, so I recommend using an alternative option if you want a more versatile powder that can be used all over the face.
EYES + BROWS
1. NYX Thick It Stick It – For brows, I love using this gel to give them the laminated, soft look. It’s very pigmented, so if you need to fill in sparse areas you can do that with this product as well. I love using this because it’s an all around great hold with just the right amount of color.
2. Makeup by Mario Master Mattes Palette – For this look, I keep the eyes super simple. I mix a few shades from the Mario palette to give the slightest definition in the crease, and I mix the 2 bottom shades in the last row to draw the tiniest wing on the outer corner of my eyes. Try not to make the eyes too defined, as this look is really just about lightly shaping out your eyes.
Complete the eyes by curling your lashes and top with your fave mascara!
1. Buxom Lip Liner in “Dangerous Dolly” – This is my favorite lip liner to line my lips for a natural look. I slightly line the top v and then just the middle of my bottom lip. TIP: to hide the sharp lines, lightly tap over your lips with a sponge or your brush, it’ll blur it out and truly give your lips a plump but natural look! I love the Buxom lip liners because they come with a dual end lip brush!
2. NYX This Is Juice Gloss – Believe me when I say this is my FAVORITE gloss ever! It’s not sticky, and it’s super hydrating on the lips, almost like a lip oil. The shades are super sheer, but my favorite is Strawberry Flex. It keeps my lips nourished all day long and looks beautiful.
And that is how I achieve the “clean girl” makeup look! These products have been my holy grail items, and I love that there is a fair share of drugstore items in my routine as well. If you recreate this look, leave a comment below!